Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 27 Jan 2024 17:21:00 GMT by
Hi, I am on tax code 1090L for this year to collect underpaid tax from previous years. The underpayment has now been fully repaid will my tax code for 24/25 automatically go back to 1257l?
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 07:23:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Tom Best,
That's correct, unless there are any additional allowances to add or deductions to take from your 24/25 tax-free allowances, you will start 24/25 with a new tax code of 1257.
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 13:06:19 GMT by yossarian yossarian
I also have a similar issue. I had 2,000 tax that was collected in the last 3 months of the 2023 tax year ending March 2024. This is now fully paid. However my tax code is still set to show that I still owe the 2,000. Question - is this just a timing issue and the tax code will revert some time this month? Many thanks
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 10:10:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi yossarian yossarian,
If you 2024/25 tax code is also showing an underpayment to be collected then we will need to access your record to review this for you.
You can contact HMRC:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.