Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 05 Aug 2023 10:00:59 GMT by
Team i want to know i am leaving UK to india soon, so how much time it will take to process P85,and refund cheque to reach india
Posted Thu, 10 Aug 2023 07:09:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi mohitraina,
If you submit a paper P85 form, you can expect a reply within 11 weeks.
Thank you. 

Posted Thu, 10 Aug 2023 07:17:15 GMT by
I called HMRC helpline earlier they said it takes 4 to 6 weeks and now you are saying 11 weeks, why there is no consistency in HMRC answers?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 15:18:00 GMT by Calvin Taylor
What about p85 that was completed online? I submitted mine 5th of January this year so Ive now surpassed 12 weeks
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 10:42:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Calvin,

If you have still not received a reply to your P85 claim you will need to contact our Income Tax team to review.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 10:33:59 GMT by Calvin Taylor
Hey, Thanks for responding! The HMRC’s digital assistant is no use for this case, just redirects to the page you linked Ive tried calling the helpline a few times but get cut off after 40 minutes. I live abroad now and these calls are charged :/ Cant email in ethier because that's opt out by default - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/corresponding-with-hmrc-by-email-ccfs72/corresponding-with-hmrc-by-email The mobile app has no secure messaging There is no live agent chat What can I do?
Posted Fri, 03 May 2024 08:50:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Calvin Taylor,
As the timescale has passed for the P85 to be reviewed and you have not yet received a response you will need to contact HMRC to check on the progress.
We are sorry you are having issues contacting HMRC, but it would need to be the helpline that you contact.
The adviser needs to access your personal records:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.