Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 14:32:22 GMT by ym92
Dear HMRC Admin, I have an existing ISA that was opened in July 2023 with the following details: [A] Fixed-rate 1-year cash ISA paid monthly - with the account closing end-July 2023 I have read that the new changes in ISA rules for FY2024/25 allow the opening of multiple ISAs of different kinds (i.e. more than one cash ISA, more than one S&S ISA...etc.) as long as I am within my GBP 20,000 limit. My bank says it has not fully signed up to the new rules, and will only allow opening two ISAs of the same type per person, per year. That's fine for my purposes. I would like to open two new cash ISAs with the same bank where cash ISA [A] is held: [B] Fixed-rate 1-year cash ISA paid monthly [C] Instant access flexible cash ISA paid monthly Questions: (1) Keeping in mind my GBP 20,000 allowance for the current FY2024/25, can I still contribute to the fixed-rate cash ISA [A] opened in FY2023/24? (2) Can you confirm that I can open the TWO new cash ISAs [B] and [C] for this year (FY2024/25)? (3) By the end of cash ISA [A]'s term, I intend to move its balance to fixed-rate cash ISA [B] through the transfer mechanism. I understand this will not be counted towards my GBP 20,000 allowance for the year, am I right? (4) I also plan to open a [D] S&S ISA (or S&S LISA) with another provider and contribute to it while ensuring I am within my allowance. Is this possible? Knowing that by then, I will have three new ISAs opened in FY2024/25: [B], [C] and [D]. Many thanks!
Posted Thu, 02 May 2024 15:22:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi ym92,
We can only provide general advise on this forum and guidance for ISA is here:
Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs)
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.