Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 05 Jun 2024 19:21:24 GMT by Andrew Hurst
My partner and I are employed by the same multinational company but in CZ and UK. Both of us have remote working (work from home) contracts. I currently live and pay PAYE/NI in the UK (British national) and she in CZ (Czech national) We wish to spend up to six months in each country on an ongoing basis, possibly until retirement in a few years. Will this create a tax or residency issue for either of us please?
Posted Fri, 07 Jun 2024 13:34:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Yes, as you wold then need to decide which country you are tax resident in to declare your worldwide income.

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 08 Jun 2024 06:11:13 GMT by Andrew Hurst
Thank you :) Sounds more like a 'No'. We just need to decide tax residency (done already), be in that country for the majority of the year, then declare worldwide income (nothing additional)? Or did I miss something? Regards 

Name removed admin .
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2024 13:10:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You are correct.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.