Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 12:18:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Davronjon Abduvokhidov,

We are unable to send a cheque direct to a bank.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 12:28:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi alice brown,

Please contact our Self Assessment team to check the position.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 12:30:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Preachy-Finite5

We will be able to send a request to cancel and reissue this cheque.

Please contact our Income Tax team.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 12:46:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Shay,

Please contact our Income Tax team so that we can advise further on this.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 12:48:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Sophie Bise,

We can cancel and reissue the cheque without you having to send us the old one.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 12:50:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi AndreaF,

Please contact our Income Tax team to provide the name and address of the nominated person.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 13:54:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi VALENCIA DOLLY KU,

If you are unable to cash the cheque please contact our Income Tax team.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 13:57:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi MCDorset,

You will need to contact us to request that a replacement cheque is issued as the first will be out of date.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 05 Jan 2023 17:53:36 GMT by Aquarius67
Hi, I am due to receive a Tax Refund that HMRC have sent to [admin removed name]. I was not aware that this firm charges 45% so in effect, have taken half of what is due to me in their fees which is daylight robbery and extortionate. How do I remove agents from receiving cheques on my behalf? I would like HMRC in the future to send any cheques that I am owed for whatever reason to be sent directly to me, in person, at my home address. Please can someone let me know. I have the app and have an online personal tax account. This was from overpaid tax on a pension lump sum that I drew down but still, in effect, overpaid tax, that was rightfully mine and not there's to cash in on half of it! Fuming is an understatement. Thank you in advance.
Posted Fri, 06 Jan 2023 09:31:55 GMT by
Good morning. I need an advice please. On 14.11.2022 I received at the adress where I lived in UK a cheque from HM Revenue and Customs for repayment of income tax year 2020-2021. Since 2021 I no longer live and work in UK, I went back in my home country Romania. The problem is here in Romania I can`t cash the cheque and I don`t have plans to travel in UK. What can I do? Please advise me. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 06 Jan 2023 15:59:18 GMT by
Hi Nicholas Sandford,

If you have still not received the cheque please contact our helpline.

Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 06 Jan 2023 16:16:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi floracsak,

If you contact our Income Tax team you can give us a nominated persons name and address and we can issue a replacement to them.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 06 Jan 2023 20:53:32 GMT by
I have received a cheque from HMRC with a tax refund, but I am no longer in the UK nor I plan to come in the near future. It's not possible for me to cash this cheque in my country, as banks don't accept it. What is the procedure to nominate someone to be able to cash this cheque on my behalf? I have an uncle living in the UK.
Posted Sun, 08 Jan 2023 09:27:32 GMT by
Hi, To contact the Income Tax team by either phone or setting up a personal tax account I need a National Insurance Number. As I worked for an UK institution from abroad I do not have it. Is there a way to contact them without having a NIN? Only by post? Thank you
Posted Mon, 09 Jan 2023 09:08:02 GMT by Christian28
I can’t believe I waited 28 minutes to call and got closed by the agent straight in the face just with hello? Hello? Hello? I called before 9 to try to get a replacement cheque but it’s impossible to talk to an agent. There was the chat online and it was more clear and easy to talk to an agent what happened to that? How can i talk to an agent online to get my replacement cheque?
Posted Tue, 10 Jan 2023 14:40:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi

Mateusz Chlodnicki  ,

You will need to write to our Income Tax department to advise of his name and address and
we can look to cancel the cheque and issue a replacement.

See link:

Income Tax: general enquiries    .

Thank you.

Posted Tue, 10 Jan 2023 15:58:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Aquarius67,

If you contact our Income Tax team we will be able to update your record accordingly.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 10 Jan 2023 16:04:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Cotan_Mircea,

Please contact our Income Tax team and we will be able to advise further.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 11 Jan 2023 11:23:17 GMT by
I received a cheque from HMRC but cannot cash that in The Netherlands and I have no bank account in the UK. I seem to be able to nominate someone to cash it for me but how does that work as someone could do that for me?
Posted Wed, 11 Jan 2023 11:39:00 GMT by
Hi there, I have tried to call at least 5x times now w/o success, so could you please confirm if : 1. I can cash in the check personally IF I am not resident in the UK anymore (i.e.: no UK address), and can cash in i.e.: no UK banl account anymore? 2. how long the check is valid if issue date is 25/07/2022 (but I only got it at december!) Thank you in advance

You must be signed in to post in this forum.