Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 01 Aug 2024 09:26:09 GMT by kumkum savaram
Hello , HRMC is saying the have posted Tax refund cheque . I haven't received it or i have missed it . How do i cancel that cheque and ask for a replacement please?
Posted Tue, 06 Aug 2024 12:30:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 18 Response
Hi,

If the repayment cheque was issued more than 6 weeks ago please contact us and we can arrange cancellation and re issue of the cheque. See link below:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2024 07:46:47 GMT by Qori
Hi, I got a cheque for tax refund, but I can't claim it because my bank account is revolut. Is it possible to nominate my friend to get the other cheque?
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2024 09:36:22 GMT by pathannishat.np
Hi, I have made an application to HMRC for tax refund and got a letter from HMRC for the acceptance of tax refund mentioning that i can claim the tax refund. We made it in may and got the letter on 13/05/2024 to claim the refund and will be get it within 6 week of time, After then we provide the cheque details as well it’s been more than 6 weeks now. But havent got any cheque yet. We have sent the reminder letter as well. But no any cheque or amount has got credited to the account. Please do the needful. Thank youuu…

[ Dispaly name amended - Admin]
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2024 14:37:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi pathannishat.np,
We need to access your record to check the progress of the refund.
Please contact us here:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2024 06:35:34 GMT by AdrianGie
Hi, I've received confirmation that my tax refund has been accepted (P800) and that the cheque will be sent to me to my new address in Poland. There was no option to claim the refund directly to my bank account during the application... Is there any chance it can be amended before the check is sent out and the money to be paid directly to my existing UK bank account? Kind regards, Adrian
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2024 08:25:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi Qori

Yes a replacment cheque can be issued to a nominee. You will need to write in.
You need to include your National Insurance Number. You need to include your full name. You need to include your address. You need to include your signature.
You need to include the date you signed the letter. You need to include your repayment amount and the year the repayment is for.
You need to write to us with the name and address of the nominee to receive the replacement repayment. The address to send the letter to is
Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment,
HM Revenue and Customs,
BX9 1AS
United Kingdom.
The address, if originating from outside the UK is
HM Revenue & Customs,
Benton Park View,
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE98 1ZZ United Kingdom.
If you also contact HMRC we can sent a referral to have the original cheque cancelled so that when you letter arrives a replacement can be issued Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2024 15:31:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
We are unable to check personal tax records through the forum which this question would require. You should contact our helpine so we can review the information we hold see link: Income Tax: general enquiries
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2024 07:29:23 GMT by Martin Williams
I have just received a cheque from HMRC and I live in Malta and no longer have a uk or Maltese bank account as I now use Revolut. My bank dose not accept cheques so any ideas what I can do
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2024 23:17:58 GMT by rukkydidit
Please I have hmrc tax refund cheque but I only have online account but my wife does can I use my wife as a nomine to claim my fund
Posted Tue, 03 Sep 2024 10:39:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi rukkydidit,
We can re issue the repayment to your wife as a nominee, you will need to contact us to arrange cancellation of the cheque and provide your wifes information for the re issue.
Income Tax: general enquiries.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.