Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Sep 2023 16:02:10 GMT by YY WONG
Is the foreign interest (e.g. interest from a foreign bank, etc.) treated as part of the saving (e.g. interest from a UK bank) and entitled for starting rate for savings and personal savings allowance when calculating income tax ?
Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 10:46:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Once converted to pounds sterling, if it is below £2000.00 and no tax has been deducted from it, it can be dedlared in box 3 of SA100 page TR3.  
If foreign tax has been deducted, the interest and tax deducted, will need to be shown in SA106 instead and you may be able to claim a foriegn tax credit relief.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.