Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 26 May 2024 15:25:41 GMT by fncs
Hi all, I have been a non-domiciled UK tax resident for the past four years. During that period, I have accumulated some foreign income, which I have left outside the UK. For the 2024/2025 tax year, I will have a Split Year Case 1, as I am leaving the UK and will start working overseas full-time on 1st July 2024. After I leave the UK and my “non-UK” part of the split tax year starts, can I remit money from my offshore account to the UK without incurring taxes? I know that if I do this in my UK part of the split tax year, I will have to pay taxes. Many thanks for your help
Posted Fri, 31 May 2024 10:44:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi fncs,
Please refer to Tax on foreign income.
Thank you.
Posted Sat, 08 Jun 2024 14:01:57 GMT by fncs 2024
[had to create a new account as I lost access to the "fncs" account but it's the same person] Hi Thanks for getting back to me. I have read the page you mentioned as well as other pages but it does not address my case. As mentioned above, my case is very specific, as I would be remitting offshore funds earned during a period I was an UK resident but not taxed due to non-dom status during the non-UK part of a split year. Thanks again .

Name amdt admin .
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2024 14:41:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

If you are remitting under non dom status you still need to declare the income. See link below:

Paying tax on the remittance basis (Self Assessment helpsheet HS264)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.