Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 01 Apr 2024 22:13:29 GMT by catalyst lake
Hi Team, I came to the UK as a dependent in September 2023. I am also a resident of another country "dual residence". Due to the nature of my job, I work full time overseas so i am mostly based outside the UK but not for more than 180 days. 1. I would like to know if I am a non-domiciled for tax purposes? 2. Am i a non - resident for tax purposes? 3. Do i have to complete a tax assessment form and if so which? 4. Is there anything else i am required to do with regards to HMRC? 5. Do i have to submit any forms by myself to HMRC or do i have to do so via an accountant? Thanks
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 12:10:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

HMRC cannot advise you on your residence as that is for you to determine based on the guidance available.

RDR3 Statutory Residence Test

Whether you need a return or not depends on a number of factors and you can check this at:

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return

If a tax return is required it can be submitted by you or an agent.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.