Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 14 Jul 2023 07:06:37 GMT by
Dear all, Wondering if you could help me: I left the UK last year, comleted the P85 (along with the P45 by my ex-employer), and am about to get back some tax repayment from the tax year 2022/23. However have just received a mail from my ex-UK-employer that they still owe me some sales bonus... Since they told me they won't re-issue the P45 again (it is only a one-off document), what do I have to do? Since it is a one-off taxed income, do I need to do anything with this in this new tax year with HMRC? I have no intentions to move back to the UK as I have my new employment and residency abroad. Do I need to re-inform HMRC again by filling a new P85 or it is not needed anymore? Since this new amount will only be a few 100 GBP, am I right saying that sinceit won't reach the MIN tax bracket, I do not need to do anything about it? Thanks for sheding some light!
Posted Mon, 17 Jul 2023 06:37:34 GMT by
Hello all, Can anyone please advice on the above or if has maybe some experiences if I need to do anything in this case or not? Would be highly appreciated.
Posted Wed, 19 Jul 2023 12:12:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

Please submit a fresh P85 , showing the correct total pay (ie including the sales bonus now received) for 2022/23.                                            

Tax if you leave the UK to live abroad

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 19 Jul 2023 12:30:58 GMT by
HI, Thanks a lot, but the thing is this new one-off income I'm getting is during this new tax year (2023/24), so this one would need to be reported via the P85 only next year, after April, or are you sure I could also re-fill the P85 this year again? Thank you
Posted Wed, 26 Jul 2023 10:42:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi krisz Stichler,
You can complete the P85 for this year now.
Thank you. 

Posted Mon, 31 Jul 2023 11:40:56 GMT by
Thank you!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.