Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 09 Nov 2023 12:02:29 GMT by
According to the 3rd automatic overseas test: You’ll be non-UK resident for the tax year if you work full-time overseas over the tax year and: - you spend fewer than 91 days in the UK in the tax year - the number of days on which you work for more than 3 hours in the UK is less than 31 - there is no significant break from your overseas work I would be full time self-employed person for a insurance company based Hong Kong, I stayed in Airbnb when I arrived UK from 3 February 2023 and moved to a rented house on 13 March 2023, During 13 March 2023 to 6 April 2023 for the 2022/2023 taxable year, although I am in UK, actually I am not working on UK clients, but just working remotely from the UK and provide service for my customers in Hong Kong, and the income I got from my job was generated from Hong Kong. Just want to clarify my situation, am I belong to the rules of "worked full time oversea"? Thanks and regards, Samuel
Posted Fri, 10 Nov 2023 15:16:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
hI
The work done on UK soil is classed as UK employment and as such does not count as overseas employment for this.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.