Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:15:02 GMT by Katsiaryna
Hi, I am Belarusian person lived in UK. I have house in Belarus. My family moved into UK 2 years ago. I am going to sell house in Belarus, which was my main home before moving into UK. My husband and I get mortgage for house in UK. I have 2 houses right now: first in Belarus(previous main home) and second mortgaged in UK (current main home). We are going to sell house in Belarus and transfer money from Belarus to UK bank account. 1. How should we declare this? 2. Do I pay tax on this transaction? Thank you
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 10:37:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Katsiaryna,
This would be a capital gain that you would need to report:
Report and pay your Capital Gains Tax
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 10:52:51 GMT by Katsiaryna
Thank you for your answer. Are we eligible for tax relief because we own our new UK home less than 2 years and we could not sell our previous(Belarus) home till now?
Posted Wed, 01 May 2024 06:20:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Katsiaryna,
Please refer to:
CG64545 - Private residence relief: two or more residences: no valid notice made
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.