Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 22 May 2024 15:26:41 GMT by JPAR4
I work for the NHS and I am planning to apply for tax free childcare but I am unsure if I am eligible. My gross pay is £112,658 and my pension contributions to the NHS pension scheme are of £14,351. I am unsure if NHS pension contributions can be taken from the gross salary to calculate adjusted net income for purpose of tax free childcare. I did not think so but the HMRC page on adjusted net income states "taxable income" and on my final payslip of the year "taxable pay" reads same as P60, i.e. £98,306. Am I above the eligibility limit or not? It is a bit confusing.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2024 16:51:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Eligibility for tax-free childcare is based on your adjusted net income.
So it would be based on your figure of £98,306.00.
For more advice, contact us here:
Child Benefit: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.