Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 14 Sep 2023 15:47:32 GMT by Elizaveta_Ivanova
Hello! I am a fully funded, full-time PhD student, and, for all I know, my studentship is tax-free. Is there any way I could get a proof of that (e.g. in a form of a short letter), in case I need it elsewhere? Thank you
Posted Fri, 22 Sep 2023 08:21:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Elizaveta_Ivanova,
Please see:
EIM06265 - Employment income: scholarship income: miscellaneous awards: awards made by Government departments or Government sponsored bodies
If this does not assist you, can you please provide more information regarding your PhD eg Do you receive a stipend etc.
Thank you, 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.