Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 11 Sep 2023 18:04:34 GMT by
I work part time, 22 hours , and answered a call for casual help with a small company due to sick absence, my employer said its up to me to sort this out, tax and ni etc..? Iv no contract, just help out when required.. . , it was one day a fortnight or 3 weeks, but the last few weeks, he's asked me to help 3 days a week, ..due to both lads being off ill, medium.term, I want to pay what I need to on this, but my pay just goes into my bank from the company, no pay slips etc.... how do I sort this out please, .... all the owner has given me are his business address etc,thanks
Posted Tue, 19 Sep 2023 13:59:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If this is being treated as self-employed rather than employed, you will need to report this income to HMRC if the earnings in the tax year exceed £1,000. You can see guidance here:

Trading allowance

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.