Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 11:46:36 GMT by
Hi, I would like to know if I overpaid taxes for the fiscal year 2022/23. When can I expect to receive a statement to claim the refund?
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 13:07:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you are not in Self Assessment then we would normally have reviewed the 2022 to 2023 tax year and if overpaid we would have sent you a calculation by post. If you have an online account the details of any overpayment would be shown online. If you do not have an online account then you will need to contact HMRC to review.

Personal tax account: sign in or set up

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 13:23:47 GMT by
Regarding the tax year 2023/24, I am an overseas landlord. My letting agent deducted 20% of the rent income while I was awaiting the NRL1 certificate. Now that I have received the NRL1, I would like to claim the tax refund. Thank you for your assistance
Posted Thu, 15 Feb 2024 07:05:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi janice.ho,
As a non resident landlord you need to declare the income in a tax return.
The 23/24 tax year has not yet finished,you will be able to file your tax return after 06/04/24 to then claim any repayment:
Tax on your UK income if you live abroad
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.