Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 04 Dec 2023 12:24:44 GMT by
I am having a nightmare trying to get into the system in order to complete my tax return. Last year I had to file a self assessment return for the first time due to additional income I earned on top of my day job. I successfully managed to use the system and filed my tax return and paid what was owing. However I then had problems going back into my account. This related to issues I had relating to verifying my identity, which may be to do with my name being lengthy and/or differences between my married name and my name on the pay roll in work. I can now enter the system and go into what is called a "Business account" but I cant go into (or add) self assessment. I have now somehow managed to create two accounts/gateway IDs but on both I get this message "You already manage your taxes, duties and schemes online" and then "You must have added them [self assessment] to another account. You need to sign into that account." As I say this is what happens on both accounts so I am basically going around in circles. I have tried the telephone helpline but can never get through. Can you please help? As it stands I am stuck and can't file my tax return.
Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 15:02:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

You would need to contact our Online Helpdesk for assistance at:

Technical support with HMRC online services

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.