Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 20 Apr 2024 11:41:37 GMT by Withoutwax
Hello, I have a question regarding interest income earned from outside the UK. The income has already been taxed by the foreign country. Do I need to declare this income in the UK and pay tax on it? Details: I earned interest income in India and Tax has been deducted at source (TDS). Do I still need to pay tax on this income in the UK?
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 15:48:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Withoutwax,
Yes,you need to declare this:
Tax on foreign income
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.