Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 11:07:11 GMT by User089159
Hello. Could you advise me, please, if my employer overpays me (because of their mistake(s)) and I pay money back to my employer (if more than £10k) (without interest), should it be considered like a loan (a beneficial loan?) (for the time period when overpaid money are being held by me) for which the interest difference is taxable?
Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 12:13:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
It would not be considered a beneficial loan.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.