Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 10 Dec 2023 11:58:10 GMT by Spencer Lewis
My daughter is self employed and is on Maternity Allowance Her income will be very reduced for 6 months, then hopefully return to normal. Should she ask for a reduced payment on account? And if so should she ask for it to be increased late or just pay the balance when due?
Posted Fri, 15 Dec 2023 11:44:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

This will be for her to determine herself.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 15 Dec 2023 12:17:32 GMT by Spencer Lewis
Do you get paid for these 'answers'?
Posted Wed, 20 Dec 2023 11:26:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Spencer Lewis,
HMRC does not provide financial advice.
It is up to your daughter to determine whether to reduce her payments on account or not.
Your daughter may wish to seek the advice of an accountant on this matter.
Please see guidance here: 
Payments on account
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.