Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 17 May 2024 06:28:32 GMT by saeed
Hi, I left my previous employer in March 2023. in June 2023 I did exercise some stock options I received form them. The income from the exercise was paid to me via a payslip (although I was not employed by them), and appropriate TAX and NI deducted. I did not received P45 form from previous employer for tax year 23-24. This income was also shared with HMRC and I can see them on my personal tax account. For my self assessment 23-24 please could you advise: 1. do I need to add this previous employer in the employment section? (How many employments or directorships did you have?) 2. Since income from exercise of the options already had tax deducted, do I still need to add them in any other section of the self assessment form? Many thanks
Posted Wed, 22 May 2024 10:47:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi saeed,
You will need to declare this income in the Additional Information Section when filing your 2024 tax return.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.