Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2024 11:14:26 GMT by Puddle Splash
Hi. I have no tax to pay this year, however do I need to fill in a self assessment tax return to declare my pension contributions ? thank you
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2024 09:33:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi Puddle Splasht,
You can declare your pension contributions without completing a return - contact us by webchat or phone via Income Tax: general enquiries (though you may need to write in with evidence if claiming relief on contributions over £10,000).
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2024 14:18:10 GMT by Puddle Splash
Ok but tax relief is already claimed on my behalf
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2024 14:39:45 GMT by Puddle Splash
Tax relief is already given to me by my pension provider
Posted Wed, 03 Jul 2024 09:53:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Puddle Splash,
If the pension contributions are taken from your gross wage then releif would already be given.
If from your net wage then you can claim the additional relief if you are a higher rate tax payer.
If you are not sure if you need to file a Self Assessment you can check if you meet the criteria here:
Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return
Thank you, 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.