Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2024 19:52:52 GMT by Chan
Hello, I was in higher rate tax band in tax year 2023-2024 and opened a SIPPs account in 2024. I transferred GBP 40000 to my SIPPs account in March 2024. Could you please advise if I can fill the self assessment like below in order to claim the tax relief of the SIPPs contribution? Section: Paying into registered pension schemes and overseas pension schemes Question:Payments to registered pension schemes (also known as PPR) where basic rate tax relief will be claimed by your pension provider (called 'relief at source'). Enter the payments and basic rate tax: Input text box: 50000 The above value is calculated by 40000 / 80 * 100 Thanks a lot in advance Best regards, Chan
Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2024 09:43:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Chan,
Yes, you are correct.  
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.