Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 21 Aug 2023 14:02:58 GMT by Steve Wilson
If I receive income from a discretionary trust (offshore bond) via part surrender of segments below the 5% annual allowance on the original bond, do I need to declare this income anywhere on my self assessment tax return or not? This has not generated a chargeable event certificate from the trust since under the 5% allowance. I don't believe it needs to be declared on the beneficiary self assessment - is that correct? I am aware there may be trust reporting requirements for IHT for the trustees but that is a separate discussion. Thanks!
Posted Thu, 24 Aug 2023 14:26:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Steve Wilson
Please refer to guidance at:
HS321 Gains on foreign life insurance policies (2023)
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.