Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 17 Aug 2023 17:59:35 GMT by Luca Gallinelli
Good evening, I accessed my personal tax account and it seems that they have merged my personal tax account with that of my daughter. The UTR is my UTR but the details are those of my daughter. My daughter and I have received an email ("You may have a tax code change") a few weeks ago. After receiving the email she does not have access to her personal tax account - she can only get to a web page saying that she has to log in with my credentials. I think the two personal tax accounts have been merged into one. As we stand both of us cannot file the tax assessment. Does anyone have the solution? By several calls at HMRC it seems difficult to have an answer. I believe this is rather technical. Thanks for your help
Posted Wed, 23 Aug 2023 13:48:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will need to contact the Online Services team regarding this:

Technical support with HMRC online services

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 24 Aug 2023 08:47:45 GMT by Luca Gallinelli
Thanks a lot for the reply. I did contact the Technical Support. they told me that I will receive a call in 72 hours but it has been a week. I guess I will need to keep trying.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.