Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 27 Jan 2024 22:55:29 GMT by
In 2022/2023 tax year, I was in UK for 32 days and staying in UK while having a "home" after 19/3/2023. Before 19/3/2023, i wad employed in Hong Kong, earning regular salary (paid tax in Hong Kong already) and bank interest. Should I file a self-assessment tax return and do I need to apply for a split year treatment? Thank you
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 10:02:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Under the terms of the double taxation treaty, payment for employment carried out in Hong Kong is only taxable there and does not need to be declared in the UK.

Due to the date of arrival in the UK, a return is not required.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.