Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:20:24 GMT by
Dear Sir/Madam, 1, If I just only have £500 saving interest from HK bank account, is need to apply self assessment? 2, and I arrived at 2022/9/10, want to apply split year treatment, which day that to fill for split the day? 3, I had a job on 2023/Jan, the salary is after tax, company is deduct the tax, when I need to apply self assessment , is need to fill SA102 form to report the salary income? Will it double count?
Posted Mon, 16 Oct 2023 14:29:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

On the basis of the info provided, you should register for Self Assessment (on the grounds that you receive foreign interest) and apply for Split Year treatment. The UK part of the year would begin on the date you arrived in the UK. When completing your Self Assessment tax return, you should only declare income received between the date of your arrival and 5 April 2023. Any income earned/received before you arrived in the UK does not have to be declared. See link below:                               

Tax on foreign income

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.