Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2023 11:03:47 GMT by
Hello - I am trying to get through to HMRC on the phone but keep getting cut off. I am looking to make additional direct payments to my private pension scheme to bring my ANI back below £50,000 and offset having to payback any child benefit charge. How do I notify HMRC of these additional payments? They would be not be done via salary sacrifice as they would be additional payments made directly to my pension provider myself outside of my workplace pension payments. Do I need to do a self assessment to show these extra payments or is there a simpler way? Thank you
Posted Thu, 06 Jul 2023 13:49:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You can notify us by telephone if the contributions are under £10,000. You need to write to us for claims above £10,000.

Tax on your private pension contributions

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.