Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 02 Dec 2023 20:55:28 GMT by
So I am full-time employed. But I freelanced previously for a while so I need to do a self-assessment because I have earned more than £1000. I have applied for a UTR. But for some reason, I have 2 user gateways and one is business tax account and one is personal tax account is this correct? Is this correct to do a self-assessment with the business tax account UTR? I find no self-assessment option in my personal tax account. I am also am not a company/limited company. I do freelancing sometimes in my spare time in the evenings is it correct to do it via the business tax account UTR which I will receive in the post?
Posted Mon, 04 Dec 2023 16:56:27 GMT by
Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 11:29:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You can have more than one government gateway ID's but only one of your governemt gateway ID's would be linked to your Self Assessment tax account. Yes you can file your individual Self Assessment through the UTR on your business tax account. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.