Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 12 Sep 2023 13:54:41 GMT by Wen-UK
I working remotely in UK for the same HK employer and same employment contract. The HK employer has no presence in the UK and my salary will be paid to my HK bank account. As per request, I already create the PAYE Employer's account to pay my NI for my monthly overseas income. My question is:- 1) I pay the NI by myself, can I claim the amount in SA100 / Tax reliefs # 3? 2) I still need to pay the provident fund in Hong Kong, can I also claim the amount in SA100 / Tax reliefs # 4? Looking forward for your reply! Thanks! Wen
Posted Thu, 14 Sep 2023 07:30:42 GMT by Wen-UK
The income tax calculate amount fill in AS100 is using deduct NI or not?
Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 11:31:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Wen-UK,
Please note you should contact our International Caseworker’s helpline on 0300 200 3500 regarding your National Insurance query.
With regard to the Hong Kong Mandatory Provident Fund you do not need to include this in your Self Assessment Tax return.
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 21 Sep 2023 14:10:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If you have completed an SA103 self employment section, the calculation will calculate any NI due on the self employed income.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.