Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 31 Oct 2023 17:50:25 GMT by
Spoke to HMRC last year on submitting my tax return as had a larger than normal dividend but for year 2022 it has gone back to £3712.71. The lady I spoke to said they would take the tax on my dividend through my tax code for 2022-23 and I didn't need to fill in a tax return. However, I've had the reminder to fill in a tax return. I don't know how to fill it in. My dividend tax has been put at 1859. Really appreciate some help.
Posted Wed, 08 Nov 2023 09:19:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Allotment lady,
If you do not meet the criteria for Self Assessment then your UTR can be closed.
You can check at:
Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return
If you contact HMRC we can close your Self Assessment and amend the dividend income figure to the correct amount and then review the 2022/23 tax year through your PAYE records.
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.