Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2024 11:25:11 GMT by uk_us_stock_trader
I filed self-assessment tax return for year 2022-2023 where I had a tax refund of 1000 GBP and HMRC paid me back the refund. Now I need to amend the tax return as I had missed certain income in the return. In the amendment my refund drops from 1000 GBP to 400 GBP, which means I need to pay back 600 GBP. Do I need to explicitly mention the refund received in "Tax refunded or set off" section of TR6 in the amended return or will it be automatically computed/understood by the HMRC systems?
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2024 08:51:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi uk_us_stock_trader,
You need to include it.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.