Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 24 Sep 2023 14:40:47 GMT by
Hello My partner has paid student loan yearly installment with self assessment as she is self employed. It was in January 2023. Recently she's checked her SLC account and it doesn't show any repayments. How can she make SLC account up to date? Thanks
Posted Sat, 30 Sep 2023 07:52:45 GMT by
I have the same issue, recently paid an installment that was calculated on my 22-33 tax return but it’s not been sent to SLC. I phoned them and they have no record of this installment being paid. When will it be paid to the SLC so I can get an accurate balance and not incur extra interest.
Posted Tue, 03 Oct 2023 09:50:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Jerzy Bodnarczuk,

If paid through the Self Assessment this will be updated to their student loan repayments. You will need to conatct SLC to review.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 03 Oct 2023 10:35:32 GMT by
I contacted SLC to ask where the payment was and they said I needed to contact HMRC. I was in the queue for 30 minutes before I had to go to work so haven’t been able to reach HMRC to discuss. On average how long does it take for the payment to be processed and reach SLC after payment taken from the tax return?
Posted Mon, 09 Oct 2023 11:57:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

You would need to contact HMRC to be put through to the Student Loan section to review.

Contact HMRC

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 12 Oct 2023 15:09:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Rose39,

If you contact the Income Tax team, we will be able to contact our Student Loans Unit who can discuss this with you.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.