Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 07 Jan 2024 16:18:38 GMT by
Hello, If I am completing a self assessment and wish to claim fixed rate tax expense of £60 for uniform maintenance I can see that I can fill that out on the self-assessment. If I also wish to backdate claim for the previous 3 tax years, can I just put £240 on this years tax return (4 x 60) or would I only put £60 and need to complete a separate P87 to claim the other 3 years? However, it will only let me enter £185 so how do I claim the previous years? Thank you, walkjj
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 07:09:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi walkjj
No, you cannot claim for previous years on the return and will need to submit a separate claim for each year.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.