Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 18 Dec 2023 10:52:11 GMT by
Hello, I need to claim back the higher rate 20% relief at source on my pensions contributions (as my company does not do salary sacrifice, and the money comes from my gross salary). I have completed my self-assessment, but it did not calculate the money owed to me. I entered the following information: 1. Payments to registered pensions schemes (also knows as PPR) where basic rate tax relief will be claimed by your pension provider: £3k 1.1. Total of any 'one-off' payments to registered pension schemes: Not entered 2. Payments to a retirement annuity contract: Not entered 3. Payments to your employer's scheme which were not deducted from your pay before tax: Not entered 4. Payments to an overseas pension scheme which is not UK-registered: Not entered Can anyone see where I may have gone wrong? Or why the self-assessment would not calculate the money owed back? Thanks
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 17:42:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
You have put the pension at the correct box and on the calculation this should extend the basic rate band to then give you the additional 20% that is due.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.