Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 06 Oct 2023 17:24:51 GMT by
Dear HMRC Admin, Hope you are well. I arrived in UK under BNO Visa and started to live on 09 Mar 2023. From 6 Apr 2022 to 5 Apr 2023 tax year, I only spent 28 days in UK , based on HMRC websites-Check your UK residence status, I am non-resident in the UK. Starting from July 2021, I am unemployed in Hong Kong, During 2022-2023 tax year, I have no any income and or interests in UK, but I had interests income and shares dividends from Hong Kong bank account and it is worth more than GBP10,000. My question is: 1. Do I need to register and get UTR no.for 2022-2023 tax year? 2.Do I need to submit tax return and or report overseas interest income for 2022-2023 tax year ? Many thanks I am distressed and confused whether I need to submit the self assessment in the tax year 2022-2023.
Posted Fri, 13 Oct 2023 12:46:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please refer to guidance at:

Tax on foreign income

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.