Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 31 May 2024 11:04:54 GMT by soletrader2024
Hello, I'm a UK citizen living overseas in Bahrain. I've been out of the UK for more than 2 yeas. I recently accepted a contract (consultant/sole trader) agreement with a UK company. I'll be completing the work for them from Bahrain using my own equipment, and submitting an invoice for payment at the end of each month (salary sent from the UK). Do I need to file self assessment for tax, or does it not apply to me? Thank you
Posted Wed, 05 Jun 2024 10:03:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi soletrader2024,
Please refer to guidance here:
Tax on your UK income if you live abroad
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.