Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 26 Jul 2023 09:51:24 GMT by Tomasz Ullman
In May 2023 I submitted a Form 17 / Declaration of Trust for a buy-to-let property that I own assigning 99% of beneficial interest to my wife (posted it to 'Pay As You Earn & Self Assessment, HM Revenue & Customs, BX9 1AS'). Is there a way to confirm that you (i.e. HMRC) have received this form and updated your records accordingly?
Posted Fri, 28 Jul 2023 08:55:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Tomasz Ullman,
Thank you for your question.
I would like to state that we are currently working postal items in date order to ensure they are dealt with fairly and as effectively as possible.
I would advise for further information on you personal case to use the attached tool which may outline the date that is currently being worked and when to expext a reply from HMRC:
Check when you can expect a reply from HMRC
You may also wish to use your Personal Tax Account if you sent the Form 17 in online.
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 02 Aug 2023 12:19:46 GMT by Tomasz Ullman
I sent the documents via Royal Mail Special Delivery, so there is no digital footprint of it. It was related to an update on the Beneficial Interest, which is not one of the options available in the link you shared with me. I sent the form in May and have no idea if HMRC has acknowledged it. As such, I don't know how to calculate my taxes for this tax year and risk submitting wrong calculations if HMRC has not acknowledged my request. Is there a live agent I could speak with to help me look into this?
Posted Tue, 08 Aug 2023 13:07:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You can contact us on webchat. You can use the link belowt and go to 'Ask HMRC Online'.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 08 Aug 2023 14:01:53 GMT by Tomasz Ullman
This link takes me to a chat with a chatbot, not a human being. The chatbot does not understand my query and suggests threads that have nothing to do with I am trying to find out. Is there a way to talk to a human being that can actually understand my question?
Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 15:08:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Tomasz Ullman,
On the webchat, say that you what an adviser and you will be put through to speak to a person. 
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.