Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 22 Aug 2023 08:44:06 GMT by EandS
I am tax resident for year 2022/23 and filling my self assessment at the moment. But will leave UK at the end of Oct and won't come back in few years time. I have some questions 1) Am I tax resident for yr 2023/24. I was not in UK for 29 days during the summer. 2) Do I need to fill in self assessment form for year 2023/24 before I leave the UK? 3) how and when I need to inform HMRC for my leaving?
Posted Fri, 25 Aug 2023 14:38:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi EandS,
HMRC cannot advise you of that as you need to determine it based on the guidance available: 
RDRM12000 - Residence: The SRT: Split year treatment: Contents
You cannot complete a return for 23/24 until after 6/4/24.
You can contact us by phone once you know for definate your departure date on 0300 200 3300.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.