Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 21 Jan 2024 07:24:51 GMT by
I worked in HK from April to July 2023. I then arrived in UK with my BNO visa in August 2023. After arrival, I did not work in UK. May I ask if I am required to fill self assessment form for the income received solely from my previous employment in Hong Kong: 1. My salaries in HK from April to July 2023 (I have already paid the salary tax in HK for these before departure); 2. Other than the mandatory provident fund (similar to pension), my previous employer also contributed voluntarily to the fund. I cash out the voluntarily fund (solely by my employer) and credited to my UK bank in September 2023. Thank you for your assistance in advanced.
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 14:23:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi 326ma Ma,
Under the terms of the double taxation treaty with Hong Kong, the employment income you received is only taxable in Hong Kong and doesn't need to be declared in the UK.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.