Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 18 Jan 2024 13:32:39 GMT by
Hi, I would like to amend my self assessment for tax year 2021/22, but as I submitted thru a third party software by that time, I cannot do it online by myself. I've spoke to live chat agent and was told that could not do by phone neither, the only way is by post. I've submitted SA100, SA106 and SA109 in that self-assessment, but I would only need to amend 1 box on 1 page in SA109. Given the above situation, could I just write a letter, stating my UTR, NI number, Full name and DOB, and the information that I need to amend, or I need to submit a letter + the page I need to correct in SA109 (with 'amendment' written on the page), or the whole amended return of SA100, SA106 and SA109 (with 'amendment' written on every page) is needed to be sent to Self Assessment section of HMRC? And, if amended version is needed, do I still download the paper form of 2022 to complete? Thank you. Best regards, Chris
Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 12:08:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
It would only need to be the amendment that is required. You can send in just the SA109.
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 22:41:03 GMT by
Hi Admin, Thank you for your reply. Do I still use the SA109 (2022 version) for the amendment? Thank you. Best regards, Chris
Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 11:48:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Yes, you do.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.