Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 18 Nov 2023 17:43:21 GMT by
I have been in the UK since September 2013. However, due to personal reasons, I need to return to my home country in Dec this year (2023). What forms do I need to complete from my employer as well as self assessment? How do I complete the self assessment for 2023/24? And how will this affect my split year allowance?
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2023 13:37:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

The Self Assessment tax return for 2023 to 2024, will not be available until after 5 April 2024.

 You will be able to download and print off the supplementary pages here:

Self Assessment tax return forms

However you will need to contact us to order the SA100.  

Self Assessment: forms ordering

You will need to complete SA100, SA102, employment, and SA109, residence, plus any other relevant supplementary pages.  Please note that paper tax returns need to be subitted before 31 October 2024, to avoid penalties.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.