Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 22 Sep 2023 20:40:42 GMT by Nick Bridges
On the self-assessment form you have to declare "Gift Aid payments made in the year to 5 April 2023". I cannot find any confirmation of whether I should enter the actual amount I have given (and HMRC then work out the grossed up amount) or whether I should enter the grossed up figure. Please can someone from HMRC clarify ?
Posted Mon, 02 Oct 2023 12:51:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You should enter the net amount of gift aid in your Tax Return and we will include the gross amount in your calculation.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.