Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 21 Dec 2023 22:11:13 GMT by
Hello I want to pay self-assessment tax, I choose the payment method by debit card This is a debit card from a Ukrainian bank. I use it to pay in stores and pay utility bills online in the UK. And there's no problem with it When I try to make a payment on the HMRC website, I get an error: Card type not accepted I don't have bank accounts or cards in the UK Help with this problem. How can I pay the tax in my case?
Posted Wed, 03 Jan 2024 11:46:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi Dim
You can pay by post, by sending a cheque or payslip, which you can print off from Pay your Self Assessment tax bill . Alternatively, call our Debt Management team on 0300 200 3820. 
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.