Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:37:14 GMT by Hayles
I resigned from my employment. During the time with them I received free shares. After leaving the shares were sold. Part of the money (£529.01)was sent to me directly because of the length of time they had been in the scheme. The remainder (£346.79) was paid through my employer and the tax was deducted. Do I need to declare either of these amounts on a self assessment form? Also during the last tax tear I received £50.01 in dividend. Does this also need to be included?
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 13:16:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
The £346.79 will be declared as this is part of your P60 - you dont include it anywhere else.
You also declare the dividend received. 
The £529.01 is below the capital gains allowance so you dont need to declare this.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.