Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 26 May 2023 11:03:45 GMT by Giuliana Ferri
Hi, I have recently examined two PhDs at two universities, for a total of about £400. I submitted my bank details and NI number to the two universities, however I am not sure how this will impact my current tax code. I asked them not to send P45/P60 to HMRC as I know that would mess up my tax code, but is there anything else I need to be aware of? Do I need to declare this income with a tax return? Many thanks, Giuliana
Posted Fri, 26 May 2023 16:56:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
This would be other earned income and you can telephone to give the information.
This will allow a calculation to be issued to show the tax due. telephone 0300 200 3300.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.