I left the UK in 2016 and have not returned since, but before I left I rented out my house (managed by a lettings agent), which is my only source of UK income after I left. This income is not high enough to be taxed, but high enough to need to fill out self assessment. Because of this, I continued to fill out self-assessment at the request of HMRC on the HMRC website every year to report my rental income after leaving the UK. However, due to my inexperience I was unaware until today that non-UK residents were not supposed to use the online form, and instead were supposed to submit a paper form or third party software along with a SA109 form. So I think I mistakenly declared myself as a UK resident since 2016 by using the online form. I want HMRC’s record of me to be corrected and state I’ve been non-UK resident since 2016, but I’m not sure how to do this. I already tried changing my address on my HMRC tax account but I could not do so because it says the address is earlier than the one I currently have (I added a relative’s address on there to receive my letters from HMRC after I left the UK). Should I fill out a (very late) P85 online and if so is that sufficient? Do I need to contact HMRC separately in writing as well to inform them I want to correct my self assessment forms since 2016? Note I’m not expecting a tax refund or having to pay more tax from this because the rent I received is below the taxable threshold. The part I care about is correcting HMRC’s record of my tax residency status.