Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 02 Jun 2024 18:13:55 GMT by mkme58895889
Hi there, I have a question regarding my working hours timesheet and visa condition. I'm on student visa that let me work 20 hr/w. I have been in an engagement with university in may that my working hrs were not exceeding 20hr/week in may. This engagement is finished by the end of the may and the working timesheet of may has sent to the university by the end of May but as the university is paid one month in arrears (for this type of engagement, casual work), the payment for the work that has been done in May, will be conducted at the end of June. Now, I'm going to start another engagement in the early June and I will work 20hr/week for that which will be paid at the end of June. Infact in none of May and June, my working time will not exceed 20hr/week but the payments for both month will be done at the end of June. My question is that, will the university payment at the end of June (which is for the work conducted in May) alter my working alloance (20 hr/week) in June? In other word, will HMRC considers the payment date for calculating the working hrs OR they will consider the timesheet and the real time that work has been conducted. Thanks for your support in advance. Kind regards
Posted Wed, 05 Jun 2024 11:28:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
We would consider the timesheet and the real time the work was actually carried out.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.