Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 30 Aug 2023 17:49:51 GMT by barkingmadscout
Do I need to complete SA1 for teaching yoga? I grossed around £3000 with expenses of around £1800 for hall hire, car use etc. Thanks
Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 07:42:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, you meet the criteria for self employment, with a turnover exceeding £10000.  

A Self Assessment tax return is required to declare the self employment income through which you can also pay any class 2 or class 4 National Insurance that may be due on the profits above the threshholds.  

The SA1 allows you to register for Self Assessment and National Insurance. You may opt to pay class 2 NIC voluntarily, as it counts towards state pension and benefits. You ca see more information here:

Set up as a sole trader

Thank you..

You must be signed in to post in this forum.