Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 11:50:36 GMT by
Where should one claim against income for losses on shares bought with EIS relief (e.g in this case due to the company going bust)? I know that you can only claim the net investment (so ex the 30%). But where in the form does the claim go?
Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 16:45:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You need to tailor your return at section 3 to say yes to capital gain. Once in there you state that it is unlisted shares and then complete the boxes required for the amounts.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.